We all wish to have flexible yet consistent food choices; sticking to a balanced diet is difficult when the less virtuous and not-so-healthy food is ‘within reach’ – they are all around. Eating healthy can reduce the risk of numerous health conditions. It also plays a vital role when you are trying to keep a healthy weight. You need healthy quotes to get you going.
Health experts recommend you to watch the food you consume each day. Your best bet is to eat a wide variety of food, while your diet should be base on whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and cereals. Drink plenty of water and make sure your fat, salt, and sugar intake are reduced.
For that motivational push, we’ve compiled 24 healthy eating quotes that will inspire you to eat well and make better food choices, coupled with easy-to-follow tips to guide you.
- “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.” – Ann Wigmore.
- “Came from a plant, eat it; was made in a plant, don’t.” – Michael Pollan.
- “Healthy does NOT mean starving yourself EVER. Healthy means eating the right food in the right amount”. – Karen Salmansohn
- “If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food.” – Errick McAdams
- “Eating healthy food fills your body with energy and nutrients. Imagine your cells smiling back at you and saying: “Thank you!”.” – Karen Salmansohn
- “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need.” – Ayurvedic Proverb
- “A healthy outside starts from the inside.” -Robert Urich
- “Pay the farmer or pay the hospital.” -Birke Baehr
- “Don’t allow a love problem or work problem to become an eating problem. Stop trying to stuff your feelings down with food.” – Karen Salmansohn
- “In my food world, there is no fear or guilt, only joy and balance. So no ingredient is ever off-limits. Rather, all of the recipes here follow my Usually-Sometimes-Rarely philosophy. Notice there is no Never.” ― Ellie Krieger
- “Healthy eating is a way of life, so it’s important to establish routines that are simple, realistically, and ultimately livable.” – Horace
- “You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces—just good food from fresh ingredients.” -Julia Child
- “No tricks, gimmicks, special pills, special potions, special equipment. All it takes is desire and will.” -Richard Simmons
- “You are what you eat, so don’t be fast, cheap, easy, or fake.” -Unknown
- “If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food.” -Errick McAdams
- “Every time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your body.” -Unknown
- “Came from a plant, eat it; was made in a plant, don’t.” -Michael Pollan
- “Any food that requires enhancing by the use of chemical substances should in no way be considered a food.” – John H. Tobe
- “Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health.” – Julia Child
- “Sufficient sleep, exercise, healthy food, friendship, and peace of mind are necessities, not luxuries.” – Mark Halperin
- “Sorry, there’s no magic bullet. You gotta eat healthy and live healthy to be healthy and look healthy. End of story.” – Morgan Spurlock.
- The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” – Thomas Edison.
- “To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” – Buddha
How do I eat healthily?
It’s one thing to have the motivation you need; it’s another thing to know how to eat healthily. Follow these tips, and you’ll be fine.
Be your chef.
You might say that it is time – consuming – of course, it is, but making your own meal in lieu of eating takeout is one of the natural ways of staying healthy. With inflation affecting the prices of foodstuff in the market, you’ll be doing yourself a lot of good by preparing your food as it will let you save up some cash. Making your own meal also ensures that you know the exact ingredients going into your dish. This is why it is essential to know the importance of each food.
Be conscious about the food you consume and stop you from mindlessly plowing through every food you see. Put aside the healthy eating quotes and talk about the real deal, it all starts with you. To avoid overeating, eat consciously.
It is OK to snack.
Allow yourself to snack – when you eat small quantities, you won’t be ravenous during mealtimes. However, allowing yourself to snack is not an excuse to eat junk food. We are referring to healthy options. There are healthy snacks out there that won’t disrupt your diet.
Drink water – a lot of it.
Staying hydrated is part of healthy eating. When you drink enough water, it will keep your skin healthy and protects you from some specific ailments, and at the same time, keep your energy level up.
Patience is key.
After all, is said and done, you will only see the changes in your life when you wait. It doesn’t happen in a day. The result of healthy eating will only be visible after a certain period. All you have to do on your end is to stay consistent and always remember to cut yourself some slacks.
Finally, get enough rest. You know how grumpy you feel when you don’t get enough sleep at night. If you’ve got weight loss goals, not getting enough rest will be counterproductive. Lack of sleep can increase cravings and yep…you guessed right, it can also cause weight gain. So, stay motivated with these healthy eating quotes, eat healthily, and get enough rest. Cheers